Custom workshops for any group of people to understand mental unwellness in more positive terms. Students, mental health professionals, school teachers, employers, government institutions, the entertainment industry and corporate professionals have all benefited from our Custom reTHiNK Workshops, speaking engagements and tailored education and training.
As an example, check out an article written about one of our custom workshops for School Teachers here: “reTHiNK Teenage Madness”
The Like Minds Team works in collaboration with our sister company, and NZQA registered training company; “Mind and Body Learning and Development” to further develop and deliver tailor-made education programmes specific to your context and/or environment.
Your training can range from a one hour lecture to a full day workshop, a public speaking engagement or series of linked modules and anything in between, depending on your needs.
Improved skills for supporting stressed or distressed colleagues, students and clients.
- Reduced staff stress – greater understanding of stress, its effects, and how to respond to it constructively
- Enhanced group culture – an appreciation that stress and mental distress are universal issues not personal faults, and that talking about them to the right people helps
- Increased organisational capacity to identify and respond to potential stress-related issues before they become major problems
- Improved skills for supporting themselves and others.
Our facilitators are experienced mental health professionals who are open to talking about their personal experiences and also have a broad range of other relevant experience to make our training interesting, entertaining and engaging including in the professional fields of Music, Acting, Speaking, Creative Writing, Psychology and Teaching.
Our facilitators speak on a range of engaging topics. Just some of the topics we have presented on include Social Networking, The Culture of Perfectionism, Resilience, Holistic Wellbeing, Supporting Yourself and Others, Ethics, The Consumer Perspective, Health Promotion, Successful Events and ‘Is Mental Illness Funny?’.
Examples of the type of training that We Can Deliver to You:
On our own:
- reTHiNK Madness Workshops
- Like Minds, Like Mine: Stigma and Discrimination
- Workplace and corporate peer-support,
- Stocking the toolbox: tips and tricks for supporters
- The consumer perspective of pharmacology
- Teenage Madness: The adolescent brain, the culture of perfectionism and the impact of social media.
- Recovery Principles
- The Strengths Model
- Media Literacy
- Recovery Planning
- Human Rights
- SMART Goals and Motivation to Change
- Healthcare Ethics
With our Partners:
- Working with Stigma and Discrimination Like Minds, Like Mine networks working together (in partnership with The Mental Health Foundation and Vaka Tau Tua)
- Neuro-biology, how the teenage brain works and its effect on mental health (In partnership with Nathan –Mikaere-Wallis)
- Thriving Lives (Flourishing) and The Coping Kete (Engage Aotearoa)
- Maori Ora, Mauri Ora model of mental health promotion (Hapai Te Hauora Tapui)
- Nourish (EDEN, the Eating Difficulties Education Network)
If you wish to be a training partner, please contact us
All workshops, education and training or speaking engagements can take place on-site at your workplace, facility or event, or you may wish to use our purpose built training rooms, which are also available for hire.
Cost: Our standard rates are $150/hour per facilitator, these rates may change depending on the amount of tailoring and design required to meet your specific needs, and what training partners may be involved.