An activity that introduces the Māori model of health Te Whare Tapa Whā and includes listening to young New Zealanders sharing their mental health journeys. A worksheet encourages participants to look at their own wellbeing using Te Whare Tapa Whā. Use Building Wellness as the final activity to finish Conversations for Change.
Download the activity:
Links to studies, articles, evidence and further information to support the information contained in this activity can be found below:
- What is health?
- Te Whare Tapa Whā (Dr Mason Durie)
- An introduction to the Māori world
- Māori spirituality
- Te Pae Mahutonga health model
- Fonofale (Pasifika health model by Fuimaono Karl Pulotu-Endemann)
- Fonua model (Pasifika health model by Sione Tu’itah)
- Positive psychology
- See recommended reading from Attitude Statements activity