Jamie is terribly sick. It’s okay though, he is seeing a doctor, and now it’s official – he is mentally ill. The diagnosis is a terrible condition known as HPD – human personality disorder!
rethink theatre challenge
- What is this play trying to say about mental illness and diagnosis?
- This play was written for a young-adult, female lead but in the online play is played by a small boy – Does age and gender change the way you see the story at all?
- Are different genders encouraged to show their distress differently? How?
- How might this shape the child’s view of themselves, the families role in their care and their community’s information about that child?
- Which characters are showing the most distress in the play?